About Me

My photo
I am recently getting myself back into running. I have set my ultimate goal as a 100M race in the 2013 with other races of all distances along the way. Feel free to join me on my journey. Any motivation, comments, advice and sharing of your own experiences are more than welcome!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Week One in the Books

Well week one is in the books and it was a crazy one.  It’s tough getting used to waking up early (especially in winter) however I feel so much better when I get my runs in during the morning.  I even get a chance to eat breakfast, imagine that!  I will start off with a couple of rants as they relate to my first week of training.  I am not a negative person and it usually takes a lot to rub me the wrong way however I do have some pet peeves!  My first pet peeve is winter themed, especially since we had about a foot of snow a week ago and are expecting another foot tomorrow!  I can’t stand it when people do not shovel their sidewalks.  I love getting halfway down a block and having to turn around & backtrack because someone was too lazy to clean their sidewalk.  I’m not talking about the day of a storm either; I am talking 3 days later!  Come on.  Another one of my pet peeves is being stopped mid run by someone who needs driving directions.  This drives me nuts!  I understand you are lost and need help but they never seem to realize that I am in the middle of a workout.  “Oh he can stop, he’s just jogging!”  I bring this one up in particular because of a funny story to kick off my first run of the year.  I was getting in some miles in the park when I was stopped by a woman who was a caretaker for an elderly man.  She had apparently showed up for work and lo and behold her “patient” was not there.  Normally I can’t stand getting stopped mid run (as mentioned before) but in this case I felt bad.  Unfortunately, I was not able to help her out as I could not recall seeing her patient during my run.  Hopefully she was able to find him somewhere in the park.  Not sure how far he would have gotten…  
Running in general was good this week.  I got in 4 decent runs.  I could have done more however I was unexpectedly sent up to Boston for work this past weekend and was unable to run long.  I am feeling good although I am in the process of brushing off a lot of cobwebs.  I would classify my motivation as average as I love being out on the run however it’s been tough getting out of my warm bed in the mornings.  Hopefully a few more weeks of dragging myself out of bed early and it will become habit.  For this week I am looking to run a few 3 to 4 milers with a weekend long run of about 6-8 miles with an easy recovery run on Sunday.
Starting weight @ 12/28/2010 – 225.4 lbs
Current weight @ 01/10/2010 – 224.0 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment