About Me

My photo
I am recently getting myself back into running. I have set my ultimate goal as a 100M race in the 2013 with other races of all distances along the way. Feel free to join me on my journey. Any motivation, comments, advice and sharing of your own experiences are more than welcome!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

So my race plan was already altered and I am not even a week in!    Not a big deal though.  The CNJRR Hangover 5K was rescheduled due to snow & ice.  It will now be run on January 30th so I will have a month before my first race of the year.  Speaking of races, I also signed up for the NJ Marathon which will be run on May 1st.  With my ultimate goal of a 100-miler in Spring 2012 my thoughts are to get in the NJ Marathon in early May, a posible 50K this summer, a 50 Miler in fall (Late 2011, will also act as my Umstead Qualifier) leaving me an additional 4-5 months to prepare for my first 100.  Thoughts for a 50 Miler are the following: Can Lake 50M, Tussey MoutainBack, or the JFK 50M.

Thats the easy part, now for the running.  Getting back into the swing of things hasn't been that easy.  I am carrying around WAY to much weight and it is probably not a good thing.  Part of my journey is going to be getting back to a healthy weight, somewhere in the 180-190 range.  I am not going to turn to a specific "diet" as I always seem to derail on those things.  Rather, I am going to get myself back into healthy eating habits, eliminating all the junk food and just being conscious of what I put in my body.

My starting stats as of December 28, 2010:
Weight         - 225.4 lbs
Body Fat % -   30.7 %

I will be updating my workouts on daily mile so check me out at http://www.dailymile.com/people/MartyW4#ref=tophd and feel free to "friend" me.

No comments:

Post a Comment